For Undergraduate, Master and Doctoral Degree
Due date : 15 Maret 2022
Scholarships for studies in accredited higher education institutions in Romania are awarded through a competition of files based on the regulations in force, by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) and the Ministry of Education (ME).
To whom is it addressed?
Foreign citizens from all non-EU countries, with the following exceptions:
- citizens of Romanian origin or who are part of the Romanian historical communities in the proximity of Romania (entitled to different scholarship programmes);
- citizens who have requested or acquired a form of protection in Romania;
- stateless persons whose stay on the territory of Romania is officially recognized according to the law;
- members of the diplomatic and consular corps or family members of the diplomatic and consular corps accredited to Romania;
- members of the administrative and technical staff of diplomatic missions and consular office accredited to Romania;
- staff members of international organizations based in Romania or family members of staff of international organizations based in Romania;
- beneficiaries of a scholarship from the Romanian state for the same cycle of study.
To be eligible, the scholarship applicant must submit a complete file;
- present study documents issued by accredited/recognized education institutions in the country where they were issued;
- comply with the enrolment deadline;
- have good results in education, respectively an average of the study years, for the last graduated school of at least 7 (seven) corresponding to the scoring system in Romania or the “Good” score, as the case;
- comply with the application submission methodology.
Please note that scholarships are NOT awarded in the fields of MEDICINE, DENTAL MEDICINE and PHARMACY
In order to promote the Romanian language and culture, the beneficiaries of the scholarships granted by the Romanian state for undergraduate and master’s studies study only in Romanian language. The exception is doctoral scholarship holders, who can opt for studies in Romanian or in a foreign language set by the doctoral school.
Scholarship beneficiaries are provided with the following facilities:
- exemption from the payment of registration fees or any other fees required by application processing, testing for the Romanian language skills, taking the admission contest for doctoral studies and the specific aptitude tests;
- financing the tuition expenses for the Romanian language preparatory year;
- financing the tuition expenses for the actual studies, but not more than the duration of a university cycle, corresponding to the study programme followed;
- granting a monthly scholarship, for students enrolled in the Romanian language preparatory year;
- granting a monthly scholarship, for students enrolled in bachelor’s, master’s or doctoral studies, but not more than the duration of a university cycle;
- financing the accommodation expenses in the student dormitories, within the allocated subsidy granted through the budget of the Ministry of Education;
- medical assistance in case of medical-surgical emergencies and diseases with endemic-epidemic potential, in accordance with the legislation in force;
- local public, ground, naval and underground transport, as well as domestic car, railway and naval transport, in the same conditions as those offered to Romanian students, according to the legal
- exemption from the payment of study visa fee.
These facilities are granted throughout the study period, as follows:
- for students enrolled in the Romanian language preparatory year, during its courses;
- for students enrolled in bachelor’s and master’s studies, during the academic year and during the legal holidays, but not during the summer vacation. If students have to stay at the faculty during the summer vacation for curricular activities or if there are specific legal provisions, the rights are maintained during the summer vacation; for doctoral students enrolled in full-time learning, throughout the calendar year;
- another 30 days after completing university studies lasting at least 1 year.
Foreign citizens have the following obligations:
- to respect the Romanian Constitution and the laws of the Romanian state;
- to comply with the internal regulations of the educational institution in which they study;
- to comply with the provisions of this methodology;
- to present at the time of enrolment at the university where they were accepted a medical certificate stating that he/she is fit for studies and free of contagious diseases, and its authorized translation into English, French, Spanish or Romanian, if appropriate.
Policy Book: Click Here
More Information about Study in Romania: Click Here