APPLICATION: The VSRP program applications are accepted throughout the year.
The Visiting Student Research Program (VSRP) is a unique program that offers students the chance to conduct innovative research at KAUST. Through this landmark internship, talented students can undertake research ranging across diverse disciplines and programs. With VSRP research projects that span the breadth of the scientific and engineering fields, driven students with insatiable curiosity and strong academic performance, can gain unparalleled opportunities to pursue their research questions under the guidance and support of KAUST faculty mentors. Get ready to contribute your ideas in an international research community!
- USD 1000 Monthly Stipend
- Private Bedroom/Bathroom
- Visa And Airfare Fees
- Health Insurance
- Social And Cultural Activities
- Access to Core laboratories and major research and community facilities
- Undergraduate students in 3rd year or above and Masters Students.
Current PhD candidates, KAUST students or KAUST alumni are ineligible to apply
- GPA 3.5/4 or 14/20 (ECTS B)
- Strong verbal and written English Skills
Recommended levels, minimum TOEFL score of 79 on the IBT (Internet Based Test) or 6.5 on the IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
The length of the program ranges anywhere between 3- to 6-months, depending on the type of research. This will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
- Official Transcript(s) in English from current and previous institutions
- Letter of Recommendation
- Valid Passport
- Statement of purpose
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
What happens after you’ve applied?
- Once all requirements have been submitted, your complete application will be reviewed and you may be contacted by the faculty member for a ZOOM interview to discuss your academic, your research background and to learn more about your interest in the internship.
- If you are selected to move forward, you will receive an invitation to schedule a ZOOM interview with the Office of Admissions, where we will discuss any questions you may have about life at KAUST and hear more about you.
- If you are approved, you will receive an email acceptance letter following the interview.
- Finally, a travel advisor will get in touch with you to help make a smooth relocation to the KAUST campus.