KHS Application Deadline: October 12, 2022, 1:00 pm Pacific Time
Knight-Hennessy scholars develop deep domain expertise in their Stanford graduate program, and build on this domain expertise through exposure to a wide range of disciplines and cultures within the Knight-Hennessy Scholars (KHS) community. Scholars participate in the King Global Leadership Program (KGLP), which includes workshops, lectures, projects, and experiences that strengthen transformational leadership capabilities. Through KGLP, scholars collaborate and prepare to address important challenges and opportunities facing the world, such as climate change, healthcare, government and policy, and education.
Knight-Hennessy Scholars has no restrictions based on age, college or university, field of study, or career aspiration. We encourage citizens and residents of all countries to apply. We do not require applicants to seek endorsements from colleges, universities, or other institutions.
There are two baseline eligibility requirements.
Requirement 1: Admission to Stanford
First, in addition to applying to Knight-Hennessy Scholars (KHS), you must apply to, be accepted by, and enroll in a full-time Stanford graduate degree program including, but not limited to, DMA, JD, MA, MBA, MD, MFA, MPP, MS, or PhD programs. You must meet at least one of the following four conditions:
- You are applying separately but concurrently to KHS and a full-time Stanford graduate degree program such that you will start both in the same year.
- You have already been offered and deferred admission to a full-time Stanford graduate degree program, and will apply to KHS such that you will start both in the same year.
- You are a current Stanford graduate student who will apply to add a second full-time Stanford graduate degree program, such that you will start both KHS and the new program in the same year.
- You are a current Stanford PhD student in your first year of enrollment, and will apply to KHS such that you will start KHS in your second year of PhD enrollment.
There are no quotas by discipline or program. Note that we will give priority consideration to those who will spend at least two years studying at Stanford.
Please note that a small number of Stanford graduate degree programs are not eligible for Knight-Hennessy Scholars:
- Applicants to the Honors Cooperative Program
- Applicants to the Master of Liberal Arts
- Applicants to the Doctor of Science of Law (JSD)
- Current Stanford students applying for coterminal graduate study
- Current Stanford PhD students adding an MA or MS degree in their current discipline
Requirement 2: Undergraduate Degree Date
Second, you must have earned, in January 2016 or later, a U.S. bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from a college or university of recognized standing.
|To apply to join the cohort in:||You must have earned your first bachelor’s degree by:|
|2023||January 2016 or later|
|2024||January 2017 or later|