Deadline: June 15, 2022
Level of Study: Master & PhD Degree (Full-time study only)
Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS) is an initiative by the Malaysian Government to attract brilliant minds from around the world to pursue postgraduate studies in Malaysia. This scholarship is parallel with Malaysia’s aspiration to emerge as one of the global centres of academic excellence by attracting, motivating and retaining talented human capital from abroad. Interested international graduates with outstanding academic and co-curricular backgrounds are welcome to apply for this scholarship to further their studies in leading Malaysian universities and higher education institutions with the opportunity to enjoy Malaysian hospitality and a world-class higher education experience.
- This scholarship is limited to tuition fees and monthly living allowance of RM 1,500.00 per month.
- Successful applicants are expected to independently arrange their travel to Malaysia (non-financial provisions). Travel expenses will not be provided by the Government of Malaysia.
- All applicants are highly advised to check the expected living expenses in Malaysia.
Areas of Study
Applicants are welcome to apply for any accredited courses with priorities given to courses under the following areas of study:
- Arts and Humanities
- Social Sciences, Journalism and Information
- Business, Administration and Law
- Natural Sciences, Mathematics and Statistics
- Information and Communication Technologies
- Engineering, Manufacturing and Construction
- Agriculture, Forestry, Fisheries and Veterinary
- Health and Welfare *not including medicine, nursing and pharmacy
Applicants must fulfill the following criteria for their applications to considered further:
- Is not more than 40 and 45 years old at the time of application for Master and PhD levels respectively
- Possessing good academic qualifications:
- Masters applicants: obtaining CGPA 3.0 / 2nd Class Upper (Honours) or higher at Bachelor’s Degree level;
- ii. PhD applicants: obtaining CGPA 3.0 / excellent results at Masters level in course related to the intended study program
- Mastering good proficiency of English Language:
- Obtaining band 6.0 or higher in IELTS; or
- Obtaining a total score of 550 or higher in TOEFL paper-based test (PBT); or
- Has obtained previous degree(s) with English used as the medium of instructions (evidence is a prerequisite).
- Submitting a written research proposal with minimum of 1,000 words that is relevant to the intended field of studies.